Ashwagandha, also known as Indian Ginseng, is an Ayurvedic herb that has been used for centuries.
- Helps to manage normal daily stress*
- Promotes relaxation and a more restful sleep*
- Supports healthy brain function* Powerful antioxidant*
- Boosts the immune system*
- 5% Withanolides
The Science of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is renowned as an herbal adaptogen. In the Indian Ayurvedic tradition, Ashwagandha is used as a Rasayana: a dietary supplement or practice promoting rejuvenation, mental and physical health, as well as providing a defense against aging and challenging environmental factors. Ashwagandha root has been shown to protect brain cells from oxidative damage caused by exposure to stressors.
- Ashwagandha reduced the number of neurons damaged due to oxidative stress by 80% — an effect attributed to protection against stress-induced free radicals in key areas of the brain.
- Research has shown that animals receiving Ashwagandha are significantly protected against the negative effects of chronic stress on memory, mood, sexual behavior, immune function, and antioxidant levels in the brain
- In a placebo-controlled study, men and women given an extract of Ashwagandha root showed improved mental skills by performing better in reaction times, mental arithmetic, and logical deductions.
- Ashwagandha also supports healthy aging. In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study of healthy men, aged 50-59 years, taking Ashwagandha, red blood cell counts and the hemoglobin level significantly increased; the decrease in nail calcium was significantly less; the erythrocyte sedimentation rate significantly decreased; and while the seated stature of the subjects significantly improved, 71.4% reported improvements in their sexual performance.
Take 1 (500 mg) capsule, one to two times per day or as directed by your health care practitioner. Best results are achieved after 30 days.
Not to be taken during pregnancy. If nursing a baby or taking any prescription drugs, seek the advice of a health professional before using this product.
Savesta Ashwagandha features:
- Vegetarian capsules with no animal-derived ingredients
- Extraction using only pure water & alcohol, not toxic solvents
- Non-irradiated herbs
- Bottles that are easily recyclable #2 plastic, HDPE
- Bottles are BPA free
*The statements on this page or in this document have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. None of the products or services contained herein are intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.